Best practices, ideas and services for IT marketing professionals
Marketing Strategy (CMO) Resources
To recommend resources for any category, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Marketing Strategy (CMO) Advisory Committee Member(s):
- Everything Technology Marketing — IT Marketing web sensation Holger Schulze’s blog
- The Social CMO Blog — An informal consortium of various individuals who have embraced social media and the opportunity it represents for advertising, PR, sales and marketing.
- B2B Technology Marketing Community — With over 16,000 members, this group was founded in 2007 by Holger Schulze, one of the most prolific “working” IT marketing experts in the industry.
- Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) Network — Over the three years of its existence, this group has garnered over 13,000 members. Started by recruiting and staffing expert, Miles Jennings, this group is ideal for CMO level marketing executives who function as the head of marketing for their organizations and for corporate professionals who are interested in networking within the marketing industry.
- B2B Marketing — An outstanding group with mostly IT-related discussions founded by Bay Area marketing guru Vince DeCarolis of DeCarolis Design & Marketing. Excellent focus on current marketing trends, strategies for successful advertising campaigns and solutions to improving ROI.
- IT Marketing World — A companion to this site focusing on timely discussions and insights from members.
- The Social CMO — This is a useful networking group for social media active CMOs or for those aspiring to become CMO. Members of the group collaborate, learn and share the power of social media networks in brand, public relations, advertising and development.
- CMO Network — A 14,000 plus members networking group for CMOs.
- Chief Marketing Officers Exclusive — A platform for CMOs to discuss marketing strategy, marketing metrics, new medias and marketing techniques, etc.
- CMO Executive Network — This group is dedicated to knowledge exchange and professional relationship building among senior marketing executives across multiple industry sectors and markets worldwide.
Trade Publications and Sites:
- BtoB Magazine – The online version of BtoB Marketing Magazine with news and CMO interviews heavily focused on advertising; their weekly Inside Technology Marketing newsletter provides a greater vertical focus
- MarketingSherpa – A solid-albeit-broad-based marketing “how to” site gives B2B and consumer marketers a world of case studies, benchmark data and how-to instructions as well as books and T-shirts.
- CMO.com – A website hosting news, interviews, blogs, articles, reports, surveys, statistics, and commentary from industry experts.
- The CMO Council – An online platform for exchange of ideas, through articles, white papers, and blogs. This organization also has seminars and events targeted for CMOs.
- MktgLadder – A consolidation site featuring $100K+ marketing jobs worldwide
- The KITList – Founded in 1997 by Sue Connelly, a marketing communications consultant, featuring mostly San Francisco Bay-Area jobs for 67,000 subscribers
- Date TBD — IT Marketing World webcasts
Click on links below to select another Resource category:
Resources by Job Function:
- Advertising Resources
- Channel Marketing Resources
- Marketing Strategy (CMO) Resources
- Demand Generation Resources
- Event Marketing Resources
- Field Marketing Resources
- International Marketing Resources
- Market Research Resources
- Marketing Communications Resources
- Marketing Operations Resources
- Product Marketing Resources
- Sales Enablement Resources
- Services Marketing Resources
- Social Media Marketing Resources
- Strategic Alliances Resources
- Telemarketing Resources
- Training Resources
Resources by Technology: