Best practices, ideas and services for IT marketing professionals
General IT Marketing Resources
To recommend resources for any category, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Senior Advisory Committee Member(s):
- Jim Novy, President, IT Marketing World
- Frank Berry, CEO and Senior Analyst, IT Brand Pulse
- Bridget Bisnette, Senior Director Marketing for Emerging Markets, Cisco Systems
- Marije Gould, Vice President of Marketing, Tandberg Data
- Holger Schulze, Director of Worldwide Marketing, SafeNet
- Steve Soto, Chairman & CEO, ApplianceWare Inc.
- Everything Technology Marketing — IT Marketing web sensation Holger Schulze’s blog
- B2B Technology Marketing Community — With over 16,000 members, this group was founded in 2007 by Holger Schulze, one of the most prolific “working” IT marketing experts in the industry.
- B2B Marketing — An outstanding group with mostly IT-related discussions founded by Bay Area marketing guru Vince DeCarolis of DeCarolis Design & Marketing. Excellent focus on current marketing trends, strategies for successful advertising campaigns and solutions to improving ROI.
- IT Marketing World — A companion to this site focusing on timely discussions and insights from members.
Trade Publications and Sites:
- BtoB Magazine — The online version of BtoB Marketing Magazine with news and CMO interviews heavily focused on advertising; their weekly Inside Technology Marketing newsletter provides a greater vertical focus
- MarketingSherpa – A solid-albeit-broad-based marketing “how to” site gives B2B and consumer marketers a world of case studies, benchmark data and how-to instructions as well as books and T-shirts.
- B2B Marketing — The online version of the UK-based B2B Marketing magazine has excellent blogs and best practice information.
- MktgLadder – A consolidation site featuring $100K+ marketing jobs worldwide
- The KITList – Founded in 1997 by Sue Connelly, a marketing communications consultant, featuring mostly San Francisco Bay-Area jobs for 67,000 subscribers
- Date TBD — IT Marketing World webcasts
- April 5-6, 2011, San Francisco, CA — Forrester’s Marketing Forum 2011
- May 4-6, 2011, Scottsdale, AZ — SiriusDecisions 2011 Summit
- May 8-12, 2011, Las Vegas, NV — Interop Las Vegas
- June 20-21, 2011, London — Eloqua Experience Europe, 2011
- October 19-21, 2011, San Francisco, CA — Eloqua Experience, 2011