Best practices, ideas and services for IT marketing professionals
Demand Generation Resources
To recommend resources for any category, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Demand Generation Advisory Committee Member(s):
- Everything Technology Marketing — IT Marketing web sensation Holger Schulze’s blog
- DemandGen (r)Evolution — This is the blog of Left Brain Marketing, a California-based agency that focuses on online demand generation.
- Silverpop’s Demand Generation Blog — This blog by Silverpop, a marketing technology provider, has articles by several top Silverpop employees, including the CEO, Bill Nussey.
- B2B Technology Marketing Community — With over 16,000 members, this group was founded in 2007 by Holger Schulze, one of the most prolific “working” IT marketing experts in the industry.
- B2B Marketing — An outstanding group with mostly IT-related discussions founded by Bay Area marketing guru Vince DeCarolis of DeCarolis Design & Marketing. Excellent focus on current marketing trends, strategies for successful advertising campaigns and solutions to improving ROI.
- IT Marketing World — A companion to this site focusing on timely discussions and insights from members.
- Demand Generation Forum — This group aims to generate a dialogue to assist IT marketers in understanding buyer behavior for B2B technology products. Members share ideas and value-add information on how technology marketers can reach their the target market at various phases of the purchasing decision cycle.
- B2B Sales & Demand Generation Network — Started by Seattle-based Matt Heinz, VP of Heinz Marketing, this group discusses best practices and success stories of B2B sales, marketing, demand generation and pipeline growth and conversion.
Trade Publications and Sites:
- BtoB Magazine – The online version of BtoB Marketing Magazine with news and CMO interviews heavily focused on advertising; their weekly Inside Technology Marketing newsletter provides a greater vertical focus
- MarketingSherpa – A solid-albeit-broad-based marketing “how to” site gives B2B and consumer marketers a world of case studies, benchmark data and how-to instructions as well as books and T-shirts.
- Demand Gen Report – This e-media publication edited and published by Andrew Gaffney covers sales and marketing automation tools that help companies manage their multi-channel demand generation efforts.
- B2B Marketing Zone – This website publishes a collection of B2B articles from trade publications and blogs around the world. A useful platform for busy professionals.
- MktgLadder – A consolidation site featuring $100K+ marketing jobs worldwide
- The KITList – Founded in 1997 by Sue Connelly, a marketing communications consultant, featuring mostly San Francisco Bay-Area jobs for 67,000 subscribers
- Date TBD — IT Marketing World webcasts
- March 14-18, Demand Generation Week — This virtual event will focus on demand generation, lead generation, online marketing, ROI metrics, and sales.
Click on links below to select another Resource category:
Resources by Job Function:
- Advertising Resources
- Channel Marketing Resources
- Marketing Strategy (CMO) Resources
- Demand Generation Resources
- Event Marketing Resources
- Field Marketing Resources
- International Marketing Resources
- Market Research Resources
- Marketing Communications Resources
- Marketing Operations Resources
- Product Marketing Resources
- Sales Enablement Resources
- Services Marketing Resources
- Social Media Marketing Resources
- Strategic Alliances Resources
- Telemarketing Resources
- Training Resources
Resources by Technology: