Best practices, ideas and services for IT marketing professionals
Channel Marketing Resources
To recommend resources for any category, email email@example.com.
Channel Marketing Advisory Committee Member(s):
- Everything Technology Marketing — IT Marketing web sensation Holger Schulze’s blog
- Channel Champion — This blog is authored by Craig DeWolf, Vice President of Business Strategy for CCI: Channel Management Solutions. Craig’s experience spans over 20-years, across a variety of industries and distribution models including technology and consumer products companies.
- B2B Technology Marketing Community — With over 16,000 members, this group was founded in 2007 by Holger Schulze, one of the most prolific “working” IT marketing experts in the industry.
- B2B Marketing — An outstanding group with mostly IT-related discussions founded by Bay Area marketing guru Vince DeCarolis of DeCarolis Design & Marketing. Excellent focus on current marketing trends, strategies for successful advertising campaigns and solutions to improving ROI.
- IT Marketing World — A companion to this site focusing on timely discussions and insights from members.
- Channel Marketing (UK) — This group, started by London-based recruiter Mark Lennox, is dedicated to sharing ideas, monitoring trends, posting interesting discussions, viewing latest news, and looking for jobs in marketing.
- Move the Channel – Channel Marketing Programs — This group is a platform for discussing ideas and sharing experiences in performance incentive programs. It is also a resource for research, statistics, referrals, and cutting edge news in the world of performance incentives.
- Channel Marketing (UK) — A group dedicated to sharing ideas, monitoring trends, posting interesting discussions, viewing latest news, and looking for jobs.
- VAR Sales People — A group for professionals in IT security, storage, networking, ECM, social and cloud computing, to share ideas, and job information.
- VAR Marketing Tips and Tactics — A small group dedicated to helping Sage, Microsoft, and other business software resellers learn about the best and most cost-effective marketing resources available to small business VARs.
- Channel Analytics and Measurement Best Practices — This brand new group by Andy Wright, CEO of Hawkeye Channel Practice is designed to share best practices for understanding partner value, channel program and marketing performance in order to optimize channel spend.
Trade Publications and Sites:
- BtoB Magazine – The online version of BtoB Marketing Magazine with news and CMO interviews heavily focused on advertising; their weekly Inside Technology Marketing newsletter provides a greater vertical focus
- MarketingSherpa – A solid-albeit-broad-based marketing “how to” site gives B2B and consumer marketers a world of case studies, benchmark data and how-to instructions as well as books and T-shirts.
- MktgLadder – A consolidation site featuring $100K+ marketing jobs worldwide
- The KITList – Founded in 1997 by Sue Connelly, a marketing communications consultant, featuring mostly San Francisco Bay-Area jobs for 67,000 subscribers
- Date TBD — IT Marketing World webcasts
- March 31, 2011 — IT Industry Channel-Partner Recruiting Webinar. This webinar will be presented by Robert Henson, a Houston-based CTX Associate and former IBM programs director of worldwide business partner solutions. Jack Wagner and Stephen Reid, members of the CTX Resources Team of channel management professionals, will join Henson on the webinar.
- June 13, Los Angeles — 4th Channel Management Summit. This is IQPC’s 4th Channel Management Summit and will focus on the most pressing challenges and drivers that affect your job.
Click on links below to select another Resource category:
Resources by Job Function:
- Advertising Resources
- Channel Marketing Resources
- Marketing Strategy (CMO) Resources
- Demand Generation Resources
- Event Marketing Resources
- Field Marketing Resources
- International Marketing Resources
- Market Research Resources
- Marketing Communications Resources
- Marketing Operations Resources
- Product Marketing Resources
- Sales Enablement Resources
- Services Marketing Resources
- Social Media Marketing Resources
- Strategic Alliances Resources
- Telemarketing Resources
- Training Resources
Resources by Technology: