Best practices, ideas and services for IT marketing professionals
Job: Technical Product Manager
Title Technical Product Manager Categories Cloud Computing Location Redmond, WA, USA Job Information
Technical Product Manager – Windows Server & Virtualization – Desktop Virtualization
Are you eager to “move at cloud speed,” in helping Microsoft win in Private Cloud and the Desktop Virtualization space? Would you like to be part of a team focused on driving Windows Server & Virtualization solutions that will change the game for customers and Microsoft partners? Do you have the business savvy and the technical affinity necessary to help further establish Microsoft as the leader in the cloud computing, desktop virtualization and VDI space?
Windows Server & Virtualization Product Marketing is seeking a passionate individual with an aptitude for technology, a deep customer and partner connection, and the ability to drive thought leadership.
• Technical Content and Messaging – Define the technical product value proposition and drive the development of core content to convey the technical attributes and benefits of Microsoft’s Private Cloud solutions. Content includes presentations, whitepapers, tools, and demos to support outbound marketing efforts, the field sales teams and Microsoft partners.
• Product Demos – Define the key capabilities to showcase for the target audience, build the storyline, assemble software and hardware components, deliver demo to target audience with good presentation style
• Spokesperson – Gain credibility as a spokesperson and speaker at Microsoft Executive Briefings, technology conferences, trade shows and other events. Work closely with Microsoft executives on keynote and key customer presentations.
• Technical Readiness and Enablement – Plan and deliver appropriate content to ensure alignment with our business strategy and goals.
• Technical Compete – Analyze our position (SWOT) relative to key competitors through a combination of competitive research and product teardowns. Influence product strategy and define/manage competitive escalation process.
• Technical Community Ownership – Develop and manage Rapid Deployment Programs that help drive understanding of business and technology issues in real-world Private Cloud deployments.
• Support Sales Efforts – Support field pre-sales efforts by monitoring and responding to ‘subject-matter-expert’ email aliases and RFP/RFI requests to drive adoption of Microsoft Private Cloud solutions.
• Thought Leadership – Drive industry and customer perception via participation in analyst relations, direct customer and partner engagement, and broad community outreach including blogs, web, etc.
• Collaboration with Stakeholders – Collaborate with internal teams, including engineering, product planning, outbound marketing, PR, sales, and partner teams to deliver customer feedback and influence product roadmap, market positioning, and marketing initiatives.
• Proven ability to develop deep subject matter expertise and technical knowledge across a broad variety of server technologies
• Proven technical knowledge of the Desktop Virtualization space, including session virtualization, virtual desktop infrastructure VDI, thin client computing, and graphic remoting.
• Proven technical knowledge of underlying virtualization layer: hypervisor and VM management products.
• Passion for technology paired with strong written and verbal communication skills
• Exemplary history of connecting customer needs to technology solutions
• Track record of building compelling demonstrations delivering superb presentations to diverse audiences, including top executives
• Demonstrated success driving marketing initiatives and managing to tangible business outcomes
• A very strong cross-team collaborator with a successful track record of leading and motivating cross-company virtual teams to drive action
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, gender, age, national origin, religion, marital status, veteran status, or sexual orientation. We are constantly looking for and welcome diverse views and approaches to solving our customer and business needs.
Source: LinkedIn Jobs.