Best practices, ideas and services for IT marketing professionals
Job: Storage Business Development Manager – Channels
Title Storage Business Development Manager – Channels Categories Channel Marketing, Storage Salary $140k to $165k Location San Francisco, CA, USA Job Information
• Proactive and driven sales individual who has a strong ability to achieve results.
• A strong understanding of channel business
• You have minimum five years of experience in selling complex Storage solutions direct to end user customers including good knowledge about key storage/server technologies – e.g. Fibre Channel, iSCSI, SAN, NAS, Virtualization
• High degree of technical competency to respond to customer needs and discuss product capabilities/applications with technical buyers/users.
• Solid understanding of current and emerging storage/server technologies as well as understanding the current marketplace.
• Strong team player, as you will work closely with the internal and external sales teams.
• Strong in building relationships with external as well as internal customers and comfortable in communicating at all levels of an organization.
• Excellent business acumen/product knowledge which you will use to influence customers decision to buy enterprise products and services.
Virident Systems builds enterprise-class solutions based on Storage Class Memory (SCM), a class of disruptive technologies that includes flash memory that can revolutionize the data center and cloud computing by redefining the memory-storage hierarchy. However, these technologies have traditionally presented significant performance, reliability, and serviceability problems. Virident Systems brings its substantial know-how and intellectual property in this area to create hardware and software solutions that solve these problems. The tachIOn™ solid-state disk eclipses competing storage products by enabling customers to tackle data-intensive applications with 4-10x predictable performance, sustained over the life of the product, and with enterprise-class reliability and serviceability.
As Solid State Storage Drives become the preferred path for server-side Tier-0 storage, data centers need a coherent framework for the large-scale deployment of SSDs. Virident Systems GreenCloud Storage Software provides an ideal framework for a systematic build-out of SSDs across an entire data center. It also provides pooling and sharing of SSDs to avoid or minimize capacity-fragmentation and inconsistent availability of SSD resources to the applications that need them.
Virident Systems was founded by notable Silicon Valley veterans from Google, Sun Microsystems, Cisco, SGI, and Intel. The company has built world-class expertise in flash and flash-like technologies and assembled a world-class team focused on the use of these technologies by modern applications. This expertise gives the company a unique view into how such disruptive technologies can be used to solve some of the most challenging problems in data centers and cloud computing deployments.
Source: LinkedIn Jobs.
Company Virident Systems