Best practices, ideas and services for IT marketing professionals
Job: Social Brand Manager
Title Social Brand Manager Categories Social Media Marketing Location Hopkinton, MA, USA Job Information
Are you a creative, outgoing individual with a passion for the social web? Do you have experience conceptualizing, building and managing social properties, driving customer satisfaction and creating a great customer experience across a variety of audiences and channels? Are you immersed in social offerings such as Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and LinkedIn?
EMC is seeking an experienced candidate to join the newly formed Social Media Engagement organization – a group tasked with fundamentally transforming the way EMC engages and communicates with our audience. As EMC’s Manager of Social Brand, you will be responsible for the health of EMC’s overall social brand. Qualified candidates will have a proven record of customer engagement across the social web, deep knowledge of channels like Facebook, Twitter and YouTube, great cross-team collaboration skills and a passion for engagement marketing. The successful candidate will be responsible for EMC’s presence across social channels, creating best practices, developing and maintaining relationships with employees, customers, partners and prospects to drive broad reach and a deeper connection to the EMC brand and products.
· Individual will be responsible for defining the overall social brand strategy, aligning with EMC’s social strategy, and ultimately executing the vision.
· Oversees EMC brand offerings across the social web, ensuring a consistent, intuitive and engaging presence.
· Creates and executes compelling engagement marketing campaigns to drive brand awareness, engage current audience and attract new.· Creates and sustains a model of enablement, ultimately providing the tools, skills and techniques necessary for EMC divisions, product lines and geographies to effectively connect with their audience via the social web.
· Maintains a set of engagement best practices and works across geographies, product lines and business units to drive broad awareness and serve as a social evangelist.
· Looks broadly across EMC’s business, ensuring consistent representation and monitoring overall health of engagement.
· Monitors for and reacts to hot issues or opportunities from across the social web, and serves as a connector to business stakeholders as appropriate.
· Applies creative thinking and voice of the customer to identify opportunities to enhance EMC’s social presence, keeping EMC well poised as a leader in this space.
· Serves as an agent-of-change, identifying opportunities to leverage social as part of more traditional communications or tactics (products launches, press releases, etc).
· Oversees a de-centralized team of social evangelists, ultimately tasked with helping to define, enable and support social activity from across EMC.
Must be ‘socially active’ and comfortable engaging in online conversations with brand advocates and detractors.
· Bachelor’s degree (BS or BA) in a related field (e.g., Marketing, Customer Service, Operations, etc.) with 8-10 years business experience.
· Prior experience with social strategy / management and social media campaigns (online communities, web forums, social networks, etc.).
· Strong knowledge and understanding of social media and online community sites and tools, and how they can best be leveraged.
· Ability to work cross functionally.
· Comfort dealing with ambiguity and influencing without authority.
· Outstanding communication skills, with the ability to communicate equally effectively to customers and executives.
· Creative, diplomatic, cool under pressure and good interpersonal skills.
· Strong project management and organizational skills.