Best practices, ideas and services for IT marketing professionals
Job: Senior Product Marketing Manager/Mobile Category
Title Senior Product Marketing Manager/Mobile Category Categories Product Marketing Location Mountain View, CA, USA Job Information
Symantec is a global leader in providing security, storage and systems management solutions to help our customers – from consumers and small businesses to the largest global organizations – secure and manage their information-driven world against more risks at more points, more completely and efficiently. Our software and services protect completely, in ways that can be easily managed and with controls that can be enforced automatically – enabling confidence wherever information is used or stored.
The Consumer Business Unit is committed to enabling consumers to work and play freely in a connected world by protecting them on any device, anywhere, at any time. Consumer Marketing’s role is to shorten the sales cycle – plain and simple. We make it easier for employees, partners and customers to understand the products and services we offer. We are responsible for much of what the Consumer sees and hears about Symantec. Join Symantec’s Consumer Marketing organization, and be a part of the world’s security market share leader for consumer software and services, protecting hundreds of millions of customers worldwide.
When you’re leading the battle to help protect hundreds of millions of consumers around the world from the growing online threats and helping to empower them to do what they want and to go online anywhere, anytime with any device only the best will do. That’s what we’re looking for in the Norton consumer business at Symantec. As senior product marketing manager in our consumer, you’ll lead our efforts to help the world understand how important it is to select the best solutions to protect themselves and their families online.
• Develop, evangelize, and drive deployment of global category-wide marketing plans (w/brand and regional teams)
• Drives strategic and tactical product marketing launches, programs and initiatives.
o Coordinate with product regional marketing on product launches, including the direct ownership of product naming, key messages, product positioning, timing, marketing strategy, base pricing and joint marketing opportunities.
• Define product strategy and product objectives including global launch plans
• Partner effectively with regional teams to tailor global category/product strategies to regional opportunities, market conditions and capabilities.
• Monitor business and drive plans to help ensure that business objectives are met.
• Understand an effectively utilize and contribute to customer segmentation
• Develop and cross-functionally execute global launch plans, routes-to-market strategies (e.g., channel selection, prioritization, portfolio strategy for each channel, etc.), and product end-of-life planning
• Develop and cross-functionally execute competitive battle plans that shift category share from competitors to Symantec. This also includes driving competitive strategies and delivering relevant, up-to-the-minute, actionable content to the field
• Develop and maintain key deliverables:
o Go To Market Strategy
o Internal and External training content
o Sales Tools (Training, Collateral)
• Provide analysis of overall category and participating brands to maximize effectiveness and increase return on marketing funds
• Involved in developing, modifying and executing company policies, which affect immediate operations and may also, have company-wide effect
• Partner with the research team to drive primary research projects. Utilize customer insights to influence future product directions, messaging strategy, category opportunities, etc. Qualifications Minimum 8-10+ years of marketing experience (preferably consumer experience)
• New product launch experience required; new category launch experience preferred
• Must have direct, hands-on experience leading the efforts for a product/product portfolio with annual sales of $50M or greater
• Proven ability to develop global strategies and help localize regionally required
• Proven experience in developing successful strategies that leverage multiple products under multiple categories
• Strategic thinker with strong quantitative and analytical skills
• Proven ability to evaluate competitive situations and develop effective competitive strategies to win categories and markets
• Undergraduate degree required, MBA preferred
• Outstanding written, verbal and presentation communication skills; ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of executives, managers, partners, customers and media
• Must possess strong cross-functional teaming abilities and proven track record of success in a matrixed environment How To Apply To be considered for a position, please submit your resume/CV on the Symantec Careers site.(http://www.symantec.com/about/careers/search.jsp)
Symantec staffing professionals will review your qualifications against open positions. Equal Employment Opportunity Symantec Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes diversity.