Best practices, ideas and services for IT marketing professionals
Job: Senior Communications Manager
Title Senior Communications Manager Categories Mktg Communications Salary $100K+ Location Redmond, WA, USA Job Information
Windows is one of the most engaging and recognizable brands in the world today. Whether at work or at play, home or on the go, over 1B consumers use Windows around the world today. Here’s an exciting and unique opportunity to shape the way Windows BG executives talk about the Windows brand, product, and business priorities with all of our external audiences including partners, customers (consumer and commercial), industry, and developers.
Executive Communications is a powerful tool for engaging and influencing audiences. In Windows, the Executive Communications role is at the epicenter of what makes the business successful in the long term. This role requires solid communications skills, business strategy savvy, effective coaching and production skills so that every time a Windows executive walks on stage, sends an email, or sits down for a one-on-one briefing, they deliver a consistent, clear, and compelling message.
As a Communications Manager in the Windows Business Group, you will work directly and regularly with the executives that run the Windows business – including Windows consumer and commercial, and Windows Live and Internet Explorer.
In this role, you will develop and drive the overall plan, editorial calendar, and communication toolkit for external executive communications for the Windows Business Group. You will act as a key strategist for external executive communications and bridge-builder with other business groups at Microsoft to ensure that Windows story is integrated consistently and effectively in all key communications.
You will design compelling written and visual narratives that help Windows executives drive the business forward at external keynotes (e.g. CES, WPC), executive briefings, customer engagement, and videos. You will partner with the rest of the Windows BG Executive Communications team to ensure consistency across the communications that the team produces throughout the year.
Your success in this position will be measured as follows:
• Ability to team with senior leadership and become a trusted advisor.
• Ability to strategically and proactively position the Windows business and its value proposition with target audiences, leveraging appropriate marketing vehicles, working with cross-group constituencies, and ensuring high quality content that tells a compelling story.
• How well you work with peers and others on the Windows team to develop and deliver meaningful, creative, customer and partner-oriented content.
• How well you balance immediate and long-term priorities and drive a timely and detailed executive preparation across key communications activities.
• Ability to observe and leverage communication trends in broader industry
The ideal candidate is someone who has:
• Marketing or communications professional with 7+ years in corporate communications or marketing. Experience in integrated marketing communications, PR, executive communications, internal communications, and events marketing preferred.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with superb ability to translate ideas into clear, compelling communications.
• Strong project management skills with successful track record of managing multiple projects with aggressive deadlines and collaborating across all levels of an organization.
• Decision making, analytical and effective problem solving skills.
• Core capabilities include interpersonal awareness, executive maturity, excellent collaboration skills, good balance of conviction and connection, organizational agility, and self-directed leader.
• Expertise with PowerPoint, information mapping, and digital media experience required.
• 7+ years relevant experience in Marketing
• Previous exec communications experience preferred