Best practices, ideas and services for IT marketing professionals
Job: Product Manager
Title Product Manager Categories Cloud Computing Location Cupertino, CA, USA Job Information
Our client is a smaller, niche security software company that is gaining more and more exposure and attention because of their solutions that address high priority security issues within large enterprise companies. This company is a publicly traded technology leader in a rapid growth trajectory market. They are a leader in their space and have gained traction in numerous large enterprise clients with enormous potential for their offerings going forward. As a result of their expansion we are seeking a proven, dynamic, energetic, and creative, and successful product management professional for this exciting Product Manager position:
As a member of the product management team you will be responsible for defining the detailed functional and non-functional requirements for a cloud based SaaS data security and identity management solution, as well as interaction with client software and on-premise offerings. You will consider aspects such as hosting, availability, operational and data center design requirements, serviceability, partner integration and end-to-end user experience. The ability to understand high-level business and customer scenarios and their impact on low-level technology and user experience design decisions is a must.
• Interface with product development and marketing teams, define and drive critical end-to-end customer experiences across a portfolio of solutions offerings for key management, user authentication, provisioning and recovery.
• Outline and rationalize key experience/user goals, overall audience strategy and tactics, and cross product experience roadmap for a specific line of
• Write service and operational requirement specifications, addressing issues such as availability, usability and manageability of the service.
• Manage and own customer/user research requirements and initiatives to inform product experience planning and design.
• Be the technical and business lead for a cloud service offering targeted at the small and medium business, as well as enterprise roaming users.
• Gather and understand customer requirements, translating them into user needs and detailed product requirements.
• Partner closely with internal test, service operation and customer service teams to measure and oversee customer experience quality throughout the product development lifecycle.
• Engage with SaaS, hosting and OEM partners to position integrate and maintain a branded service offering.
• Address data security, regulatory compliance and privacy issues for the service platform as well as the solution as a whole.
• Create a clear value proposition outline for each solution offering included in the service and communicate its key pillars to external stakeholders such as marketing, sales, partners and customers.
• Address support escalations and correctly prioritize functionality, business value, technology leadership and sustainability needs.
• Define a project plan as well as SLA and ensure execution according to plan.
Required experience and skills:
• Minimum 3-5+ years of experience in a product manager role with some experience with security software.
• Excellent cross-organizational agility, partnering skills, and technical depth with ability to drive shared goals across multiple groups
• Understanding of Enterprise Architecture and/or Cloud Computing Architectures
• Experience working with the small and/or medium enterprise customer market.
• Strong organizational, presentation and communication skills and the ability to work well in a highly dynamic, constantly changing environment.
• BS/BA degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline and/or equivalent experience.
Preferred candidates of interest to us are those that may have experience with security software companies in areas such as data protection, wireless security, authentication, encryption, PKI, smartcards and/or biometric authentication etc. such as VeriSign, RSA, Symantec, McAfee, Checkpoint Software, Trend Micro, Sophos, Tripwire, Mobile Armor, Safenet, Novell, Arcot Systems, Imprivata, Verdasys, Trustwave, Digital Persona, Entrust, Microsoft, Computer Associates, Quest Software, etc. or any others in the security software space.
For consideration send cover letter and resume referencing job#CLO991.