Best practices, ideas and services for IT marketing professionals
Job: Manager, Marketing and Communications
Title Manager, Marketing and Communications Categories Mktg Communications Location Columbia, MD Job Information
Tecore Networks a leading provider of 2G, 3G, 4G and multi-protocol mobile networks for government agencies, emerging operators and rapid deployments worldwide, is seeking highly motivated Manager of Marketing and Communications to join us in our corporate headquarters in Columbia, Maryland.
The ideal candidate is a highly creative and independent self-starter responsible for managing the Tecore marketing and communication program, which includes trade show organization, creation of marketing materials, website management, advertising, public relations, managing internal communications program and various internal, community or industry related events.
Primary Marketing Responsibilities include:
Join us in our beautiful, Columbia, MD headquarters in Columbia Gateway Business Park. This is a regular, full-time position and has a comprehensive benefits package. Salary is commensurate with experience. Sorry, no visa sponsorship or relocation assistance is provided. To apply send your MS Word compatible resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference “Manager, Marketing-MRK022011” in the subject line of your response. Please include your salary history.EOE M/F/V/DCompany DescriptionTecore Networks is a global supplier of multi-technology 3G-4G mobile network infrastructure. Built with the same standards-based voice and data technologies available to global carriers on an IP-based architecture, we have dramatically enhanced functionality while minimizing space requirements, installation time and cost of ownership. We also offer integrated value-added features to enable our customers to increase ARPU and retention. Our solutions include core as well as radio access network infrastructure, supported by state-of-the-art professional services. Founded in 1991, Tecore is ISO 9001:2008 certified, and is a three-time winner of the Global Mobile (3GSM) Award. For more information, visit www.tecore.com.Source: LinkedIn Jobs.
- Develop and maintain budget. Research, organize and execute trade show program, including identifying shows; securing exhibition, sponsorship, and speaking opportunities; designing trade show booth and panel graphics; determining marketing and public relations strategies and key messaging; developing logistics documents; and setting-up and dismantling exhibits on-site.
- Develop design and content for marketing collateral, including brochures, product sheets, and customer newsletters
- Write and distribute press releases. Develop and update press, analyst and customer lists. Coordinate press interviews/articles.
- Manage and maintain website content and architecture. Design and place advertisements
- Meet with various vendors to keep abreast on latest developments in print and web design, promotional items, exhibit services, corporate communications, and public relations strategies.
- Create proactive strategies and programs to build and strengthen communications and relations.
- Work with appropriate staff members to develop company templates (internal presentations, corporate presentations, letterhead, etc.) and formats.
- Forecast event planning needs for the year; develop budget and ensure that events and projects meet established budget goals.
- Arrange all required logistics, including menus/catering, entertainment, themes, and decorations, while identifying most cost-effective vendors; Evaluate locations, facilities, accommodations and services, and negotiate rates and contracts.
- Make arrangements for procurement/rental of necessary supplies and specialty items for functions.
- Act as on-site event manager communicating and confirming event needs.
- Conduct post-event surveys (as applicable) with attendees and evaluate results.
Desired Skills & Experience
Education, Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, English or related field, with considerable course work in fields specified.
- Minimum of three years prior directly related experience which includes: writing technical press releases, data sheets, web content, and other marketing materials; experience organizing trade shows and event planning; and design experience, especially web design, highly desired
- Strong creative orientation needed to generate marketing and communication ideas, obtain approval for them, and drive them from the page into implementation
- Strong computer orientation with proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, WORD, Publisher, PowerPoint and Excel is required. Ability to quickly learn new software quickly is desirable. Knowledge of basic HTML preferred
- Strong interpersonal and diplomacy skills and the ability to interact with a wide variety of people is essential
- Ability to translate highly technical, complicated information into layman’s terms and into marketing collateral used to drive the products to market.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, especially related to technical information.
- Ability to develop, track and meet budgets and timelines.
- Ability to work independently in fast paced environment managing multiple priorities.
Company Tecore Networks