• Create and implement annual marketing strategies to drive sponsor acquisition and retention across entire EMEA & APAC portfolio
• Establish processes around lead generation activities (ie. VIP Day; ATCs) to enhance the prospect/sponsor experience
• Serve as marketing lead within the event sales team; help define, establish and grow event brand and value proposition within the industry.
• Seek out and form strategic partnerships with associations and publications to maximize barter promotion opportunities to drive awareness within sales & marketing job roles at vendor companies
POSITION ACCOUNTABILITIES AND SPECIFIC DUTIES
• Regionalize and execute end-to-end sponsor/exhibit sales campaigns and activities to help meet aggressive sponsor revenue targets associated with these events; support sponsor sales team as needed throughout selling cycle.
• Work collaboratively with RLT, Event Production, and Event Marketing teams to establish processes, procedures and controls to facilitate the consistent, timely and effective implementation of prospecting campaigns including VIP Days and Analyst Teleconferences
• Work with logistics to create compelling set of sponsorship packages and MPOs
• Manage internal and/or external creative support staff in the development of print and/or electronic communications (ensure materials are up to date on server, intranet, gartner.com.)
• Work with Director of Database Management to identify appropriate list vendors, rent lists, and manage their use, ensuring lawful usage and proper suppressions
• Implement strategic sponsor research projects, i.e. focus groups; online surveys to gain feedback; Conduct pre-event attendee surveys to aid in providing data/
• intelligence for sales pre-calls; renewal and VIP program
• Update sponsorship, collateral, sell sheets,
• MPO brochures, etc – share best practices with event sales teams
• Develop a consistent value offering across all events to
• improve renewal process and retention results in respective regions.
• Support corporate goals related to events, as set by the
• Executive Leadership Team and Events Management.
• Complete additional projects as required. Create & maintain the EMEA & APAC
• sponsor marketing budget for each event.
• Travel to events is required
• REQUIRED: Bachelors Degree Marketing, Communications
• DESIRABLE: Masters Business Administration
• At least 3-7 years marketing experience
• Direct marketing
• List management
• Database management
• Advanced use of design tools: Pagemaker, Quark, etc.
• Business process analysis
• Understanding of the IT industry and key market forces
• project and time management skills
• financial/budget management experience
CRITERIA FOR SUCCESS
• Drive hard-hitting, effective sponsor/exhibit sales campaigns that create industry awareness and drive qualified leads into sales pipeline for conversion
• Multiple campaigns overlapping – multi-tasking
• Relationship building with internal clients
• Maintaining corporate standards of quality while holding to budget constraints
• Conflict resolution
• Creating and implementing effective business processes
Gartner, Inc. is the world’s leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insights necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day.
From CIOs and senior IT leaders in corporations and government agencies, to business leaders in high-tech and telecom enterprises and professional services firms, to technology investors, we are the indispensable partner to 60,000 clients in 10,000 distinct organizations.
Through the resources of Gartner Research, Gartner Executive Programs, Gartner Consulting and Gartner Events, we work with every client to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role.
Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, U.S.A., and has 4,000 associates, including 1,200 research analysts and consultants in 80 countries.
Source: LinkedIn Jobs.