Best practices, ideas and services for IT marketing professionals
Job: Director, Product
Title Director, Product Categories Cloud Computing, Product Marketing Location San Antonio, TX, USA Job Information
We are looking for an experienced Product leader to join our growing team. This person will be responsible for developing product strategy, working on new product development, and growing the Rackspace Cloud business. We are looking for someone who is interested in the conception and execution of major cloud product initiatives related to our Compute Product Line.
More about the Rackspace Cloud business unit:
Do you want to be part of creating the next generation of computing? Rackspace Cloud is the leading innovator in cloud computing, and we are defined by Fanatical Support—not just for our clients, but for our team. Rackers have the freedom to do great work, and the challenge of using their skill and ambition to drive the future of the Web. Rackspace Cloud provides on-demand scalable website, application, and storage hosting. We enable developers and business decision-makers to avoid the hassles and costs of dedicated hardware while offering the infinite scalability of the Cloud.
- Directs and develops the company’s product-line strategy, product planning, product launch, and market attainment activities
- Works with Sales, Engineering, Operations, Marketing Communications executives to identify, develop, prioritize, and implement effective and productive product strategies and plans
- Oversees the entire lifecycle of the company’s product portfolio, including the work of development teams from product initiation to delivery, to eventual product retirement
- Revenue attainment of new products and all existing product portfolios
- Ensures achievement of strategic revenue objectives for all markets and market segments
- Manage and support a team of Product Managers aligned with the Product Line
- In coordination with Product Marketing, plan and implement a go-to-market strategy for the product portfolio
- Keep informed of and evaluates new and existing market trends for financial potential and fit within the various portfolios
- Keep executive-level management informed of departmental progress and problems
- Responsible for resource allocation, including budget and personnel
- High level of knowledge of all Rackspace products as well as relevant hosting technologies and trends, company policies and practices
- Thought leader with regards to product development processes and operational planning techniques as well as competitive, market, customer, and business research
- Excellent communication, negotiation, interpersonal and decision making skills
- Able to operate as a matrix manager in coordinating people and resources from multiple areas of the company
- Bachelor’s degree in business, sales, engineering, or marketing
- MBA or equivalent advanced degree highly desirable
- 7+ years of experience in a product support, product planning or consulting environment with at least five years of profit and loss responsibility and people management experience.
Company Rackspace, Ltd.