Best practices, ideas and services for IT marketing professionals
Job: Director of Field Marketing
Title Director of Field Marketing Categories Channel Marketing, Event Marketing, Field Marketing Location Belcamp, MD, USA Job Information
Responsible for translating company goals and product marketing strategies into actionable field/channel marketing plans globally, and manages programs that deliver measurable revenue results for direct and field/channel sales organizations across all target market segments.
Manages a team of individuals responsible for field/channel marketing programs (enterprise, software, and government markets), field/channel marketing, and event management to execute on marketing plans and achieve defined revenue goals. The role spans across all products including software rights management and enterprise data protection solutions, and all target market segments including large enterprises (financial services, retail, healthcare verticals), federal government, state & local government, and software solution vendors.
- PLANNING – Generation of actionable field marketing plans with specific, measureable lead and revenue goals that are aligned with targets of direct & field/channel sales, product marketing & management, and corporate communications. Budget tracking, management and reporting.
- PROGRAM EXECUTION – Generation of new and incremental business opportunities across all product lines and target market segments. Measurable contribution to sales and channel pipeline and revenue. Implementation of programs for automation of lead management process and continuous improvement of conversion rates and program effectiveness. Management of inbound and outbound marketing campaigns, including interactive marketing (PPC, SEO, Salesforce.com, etc.)
- SALES SUPPORT – Delivery of sales enablement programs and tools, including sales education that help direct and channel sales organizations to identify and close revenue opportunities along the sales cycle.
- CHANNEL MARKETING – Supporting the partner marketing program in the region. Planning and delivery of joint partner marketing programs and campaigns to support channel strategy and specific revenue goals. Includes partner training, events, joint collateral, maintenance of partner portal, etc.
- EVENT MARKETING – Planning and delivery of events that support the field marketing plans and go-to-market strategy.
- COMMUNICATIONS – Establish and manage communications calendar and tools including newsletters, collateral and email campaigns to reach key audiences including customers, prospects, sales, etc.
- CUSTOMER REFERENCES – Creates and manages customer reference program including customer database, customer testimonials, case studies, customer press releases, etc.
- BRAND AWARENESS – Design and implementation of programs that drive brand equity across all audiences including customers, prospects, analysts, press, and employees.
- Manages the work efforts of individual contributors with responsibility for hiring, firing, performance appraisals, and pay reviews
- Contribute knowledge, skills and ideas to the marketing teams worldwide.
Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering or marketing.
Advanced degree in business management or marketing is desirable.
Minimum 10-15 years in marketing roles;
3 years in leadership roles. Must have robust work experience in the high-tech industry (information security or networking), including sales experience (mandatory).
Experience in US federal government market desirable.
Previous experience in field marketing roles supporting direct and channel sales to enterprise customers, combined with budget responsibility in North and Latin America is required.