Best practices, ideas and services for IT marketing professionals
Job: Director, Consumer Demand Generation
Title Director, Consumer Demand Generation Categories Demand Generation Location Redmond, WA, USA Job InformationThe WW Windows Phone Marketing Team is looking for a senior marketing leader to define and land our global strategy and plan for generating consumer demand for Windows Phone 7, including (but not limited to) offers, promotions, events, and experiential marketing. Success = swinging retail doors open and creating demand that ultimately translates into sales of Windows Phone 7.Interested? Read on to learn more about what this job entails:
Still Interested?Keep reading to see if you have what we think it takes to be successful in this role:Skills: We’re looking for someone that can think strategically and execute flawlessly. To succeed in this job, you will need these skills: creativity and ability to think BIG; leadership (managing a team, leading cross-functional teams, influencing senior leadership); marketing and product management; planning and organizing, and communications.Competencies: You will need to possess the core Microsoft competencies (strategic thinking, drive for results, cross-group collaboration) in addition to being very comfortable in a fast-paced environment as well as dealing with ambiguity and pioneering new ground.Experience in product management, marketing and partner marketing are key, ideally in the mobile, services and/or consumer spaces. We’re looking for someone that can think like a consumer marketer (and understand how the go-to-market engine works), partner effectively with product management, and build relationships with strategic partners (and develop win-win marketing programs).Attitude: We’re looking for someone with an entrepreneurial approach and a positive, can-do attitude.
- Create global consumer offers strategy and plan for Windows Phone 7, including turn-key programs that can be executed by worldwide subsidiaries with clear field guidance, framework and assets.
- Develop creative promotional strategies and programs to create consumer excitement and demand for Windows Phone 7, leveraging our Microsoft consumer assets and Mobile Operator and OEM partnerships to amplify our investment and consumer buzz.
- Define a measurement and learning plan along with test programs, working closely with key subsidiaries and internal teams within Windows Phone Marketing BG (Outbound Marketing, Communications, Product Management).
- Partner with the Outbound Marketing and Communications Teams to ensure our above-the-line campaign connects with our below-the-line programs (digital and retail) to swing doors open and ultimately drive sales of Windows Phone 7.
- Partner with Product Management Teams to ensure we are leveraging key partnerships with Mobile Operators and OEMs, top ISVs developing brand-name consumer applications, and Microsoft consumer assets, such as Xbox, Zune, and Office.
- Develop a global, scalable model and infrastructure for executing offers worldwide
Source: LinkedIn Jobs.