Best practices, ideas and services for IT marketing professionals
Job: Channel Marketing Program Manager
Title Channel Marketing Program Manager Categories Channel Marketing Location Austin, TX, USA Job Information
CA Technologies (Nasdaq: CA) is an IT management software and solutions company with expertise across all IT environments–from mainframe and physical, to virtual and cloud. CA manages and secures IT environments and enables customers to deliver more flexible IT services. CA Technologies’ innovative products and services provide the insight and control essential for IT organizations to power business agility. The majority of the Global Fortune 500 relies on CA Technologies to manage their evolving IT ecosystems. Founded in 1976, CA Technologies serves customers in virtually every country in the world and reported fiscal year 2009 revenue of $4.3 billion.
We are currently looking for a qualified Channel Marketing Program Manager to join our Marketing Team at our office located in Austin, TX.
This position is responsible for developing marketing campaigns in support of channel partner business. Campaigns could be either CA-branded or co-branded between CA and the partner.
• Develop strategic marketing plans with Global Solution Providers to drive joint global business.
• Creativity and innovation to drive modern, effective marketing campaigns using industry best practices.
• Define, develop and deliver ‘to’ and ‘through’ marketing programs to GSPs and their end-user targets. These programs include: direct mail, email, outcalls, promotions, webcasts, seminars, events, sales tools, and training.
• Provide consistent ROI reporting and metrics against goals set forth.
• Define and deliver joint internal and external sales tools in support of marketing programs and key business initiatives
• Create and maintain joint channel events and activities.
• Develop relationships with Global Field Marketing teams programs, campaigns, activities, events and resources.
• Liaison with corporate divisions such as Finance, Sales Operations, Corporate Marketing, Legal, etc. to ensure channel programs, campaigns, and activities comply with corporate standards and are able to be implemented and managed globally.
• Effectively influence and communicate with stakeholders to drive global alignment of programs and ensure satisfaction with programs.
• Ensure that every program that is developed is repeatable and sustainable and can be effectively rolled out globally – ensuring consistency across US, Canada, Latin America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific.
• Bachelors Degree or global equivalent in a related field.
• MBA in a Marketing concentration is preferred.
• Typically 7 or more years marketing experience in a technology environment.
• Ideal candidate will have 4-5 years Channel program management experience.
• Business travel of approximately 10 or less percent yearly is expected for this position.
• Understands all aspects of marketing and how to build multi-touch campaigns to produce results
• Strong project management skills
• Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
• Ability to function as a virtual team leader in the context of marketing projects/campaigns
• Competent with Excel, Word, PowerPoint
• Experience presenting to Sr. Leadership and defending your ideas.
• Experience with forecasting, reporting, and customer segmentation within a marketing related position.
• Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
• Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
• Interacts with senior internal and external personnel.
• Normally receives little instruction on day-to-day work, general instructions on new assignments.
Company CA Inc.