Best practices, ideas and services for IT marketing professionals
Job: Channel Field Marketing Manager, Service Providers
Title Channel Field Marketing Manager, Service Providers Categories Channel Marketing Location Hopkinton, MA, USA Job Information
EMC is looking for an experienced individual to be responsible for developing and/or overseeing the successful implementation of channel marketing programs, promotions and campaigns focused at supporting our Service Provider Partners.
This individual will work closely with the Journey to the Private Cloud & Virtualization Campaign Teams and will work at a strategic level with senior members of the various program teams, Americas Field Marketing Management, Channel Sales teams, etc.
Manages the successful implementation of a channel marketing project or promotion.
Develops project plans and timelines, manages their execution and reports progress.
The ideal candidate brings at least 6+ years of progressive responsibility in marketing, in positions requiring extensive interaction with sales, with experience working cross-functionally in a fast-paced, highly dynamic environment.
Experience in all facets of marketing including online, direct mail, web-based, with an ability to develop integrated marketing programs incorporating appropriate elements to achieve desired outcome.
The candidate must be sales-focused, responsive, creative, strategic, proactive, and hands on, with the ability to work with all levels of management in a highly matrixed environment.
Additionally, the ideal candidate brings 6+ years experience working with Channel Partners focused in the Service Provider Industry.
Oversees overall marketing strategy for Service Provider partners. The Marketing Manager position requires extensive collaboration with and across EMC’s Marketing and Sales organization.
The Field Marketing Manager oversees the marketing budgets and executes field-based marketing activities leveraging budget dollars that may also be applied from other business units.
The Field Marketing Managers must ensure alignment of all Marketing activities to Sales objectives, including those executed by other corporate Marketing functions and business units.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:·
- Understand overall corporate business plans and initiatives, the BMT plans, products, and programs, and Channel Sales Strategy and Partner requirements. Aligns Channel Marketing programs to same.
- Defines and implements channel specific programs and promotions meeting these requirements.
- Develops integrated and comprehensive Marketing plans to support Service Provider Partners and their respective revenue objectives. Provide program measurement and reports of same.
- Work closely with the Director of Service Provider Sales to support the development of strategic SP Partner marketing programs and initiatives.
- Collaborates with Service Provider Sales Management to understand Sales priorities, then aligns strategic marketing programs to support sales objectives.
- Works with SP Sales management to ensure that programs reflect SP sales strategy and input and meets partner requirements.
- Works in conjunction with international SP marketing management and local SP marketing management in the respective geographies to ensure that all programs have the opportunity to be applied internationally. Regularly monitor competitors to optimize EMC messaging around Service Providers.
- Serves as the SP Marketing representative in the development of Business Plans. Able to communicate EMC strategy and direction and to align with same. Helps architect strategic plan and manages the delivery and execution of key EMC marketing deliverables. Prepare and deliver program reviews, provide executive summaries, influence and educate executive management as required.
- Oversee the development, delivery and execution of marketing programs. Programs can include: Events, branding campaigns, promotions special web sites and other functional enhancements etc. Program components may include: sales briefs, marketing collateral, data sheets, playbooks, web media, win stories, newsletters, sales presentations, partner presentations and customer facing presentations that can be delivered by partner sales representatives and/or partners in support or specific channel programs and/or promotions.
- Build strong partnerships and marketing alignment with Service Provider partners.
- Regularly meet with SP partners and SP Sales management to understand impact on current business and market trends and to ensure that programs meet their needs.
- Regularly monitor competitors to optimize EMC messaging around Service Providers.
- Bachelor’s degree with 6-8 years experience.
- Knowledge and experience with Service Provider Partner Channel models.
- Demonstrated cross-functional capabilities across multiple disciplines including channel marketing, sales, operations and services.
- Demonstrated experience with developing channel marketing strategy, market and business development and outbound/demand generation.
- Proven ability to lead, motivate and direct a matrixed workgroup.
- Ability to educate, influence and advise peer groups.
- Demonstrated ability to drive and execute successful marketing programs.
- Familiar with IT Market, Products, Software and Services.
- Has or develops understanding of EMC Market positioning, strategy and product lines.
- Problem analysis and problem resolution at both a strategic and functional level.
- Proven reputation for establishing unified vision and collaborative work environment among diverse groups.
- Strong initiative, ability to identify opportunities and independently pursue.
- Demonstrated ability to work with all levels of management.
- Superior oral and written communications skills.· Self-starter with demonstrated capability to work in fast-paced, dynamic marketing environment.
Company EMC Corporation