Select your field of interest to join your peers in exploring IT marketing trends, ideas, insights, and resources worldwide. You must Register to participate in interactive features.
Demand Generation • Product Marketing • Social Media Marketing
Tom “The ROI Guy” Pisello presented this outstanding webinar on June 2, 2011. More than 250 IT marketing professionals registered for this event and you can view this and other recorded sessions in the Resources Archive.
The basic white paper is still one of the most important pieces of marketing content used and trusted as the key buying decision tool by over 60% of IT buyers (SiriusDecisions 2010).
However, in the new world of information overload, these white papers are getting lost in the clutter and worse, do not engage today’s more frugal and demanding IT buyers who require quantifiable proof that proposed solutions will drive bottom line results.
Former Gartner VP, entrepreneur, prolific blogger and 20-year IT industry veteran, Tom “The ROI Guy” Pisello, examines one of the most important tools to engage buyers, white papers, and offers new best practices to help evolve this traditional medium into an effective selling machine.
In this webinar you will learn:
• Why white papers are still the most important content marketing medium for today’s decision maker
• How information overload is hurting the effectiveness of this medium in 2011 and beyond
• How interactivity can help make white papers more personalized and effective to marketers and buyers alike
• How to align your white papers to the Buyers’ Journey to overcome resistance at each step of the decision-making process
• How to select “content pivot points” – the dimensions of personalization so key to connecting
• What interactive white papers look like and best practice examples.
Tom Pisello, author of “The ROI Guy” blog, writes about the strategies and tools used by IT marketers to improve results with increasing frugal IT buyers. Tom launched nine innovative and successful companies since 1993 and served as a Managing VP at Gartner. Tom is currently Chairman and Founder of Alinean, a developer of research and software to change the way IT sellers reach frugal buyers.VN:R_U [1.9.7_1111]Stay Relevant: Map Your Interactive White Papers to the Buyer's Journey,
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Earn a $5.00 gift card every time you recommend a 5-Star service provider! Click here
For Sales Enablement professionals:
CMO/Marketing Strategy's top-rated vendors:
Most recent job openings:
- Posted May 4 Senior Product Marketing Manager/Mobile Category Symantec Mountain View, CA, USA
- Posted May 4 Senior Product Manager (741739) Microsoft Corporation Redmond, WA, USA
- Posted April 27 Director of Field Marketing Confidential Belcamp, MD, USA
- Posted April 27 WW Field Marketing Operations Manager Microsoft Redmond, WA, USA
- Posted April 27 Marketing Operations Sr. Advisor Dell NH, Nashua, USA