Select your field of interest to join your peers in exploring IT marketing trends, ideas, insights, and resources worldwide. You must Register to participate in interactive features.
Demand Generation • Marketing Operations • Social Media Marketing
Is your company’s wide variety of online marketing tactics and media outlets making your online marketing objectives difficult to track? Marketing automation is a way to organize your many online marketing efforts. It helps score and nurture your leads through their purchase cycle and identifies those that are sales-ready leads. It is a clear way to measure your online marketing efforts and determine what tactics are working.
According to MarketingCharts’ B2B Lead Gen Marketers’ Use of Automation Report, of which 40% were technology marketing executives, a majority of marketing automation users have experienced increases in the quantity of leads generated and the quality of leads passed to sales.
Compared to traditional metric users, those who use marketing automation are more likely to:
- Outgrow their competitors
- Define their marketing as highly effective and efficient
- Report strengths in all operational competencies and capabilities
- Be very or somewhat satisfied with their level of business effectiveness
While your company would benefit from all of the above, according to Jessica Groopman’s “Focus Research Study: A Survey of Marketing Automation Users,” more than 50% of respondents said they had not yet realized the value of their investment in marketing automation. So the question arises, why are some marketing executives not utilizing marketing automation to its full potential?
Of those who were not “very satisfied” with marketing automation:
- 15% said they had a lack of content campaigns
- 15% struggled with marketing and sales alignment
- 15% claimed a lack of optimization technologies
When considering a marketing automation solution, it is important to consider your entire online marketing strategy and how marketing automation can be best utilized to maximize your online campaigns’ performance.
Melissa Mathews is a marketing intern at Fathom, a full-service digital marketing and analytics firm that delivers profitable revenue for its clients across multiple digital touch points. Fathom’s results-oriented approach aligns well with mid-cap and large enterprises alike. Our proven track record of success across multiple industries—including manufacturing, technology, education, healthcare and sports—allows us to back up our promise to deliver “results that matter.”VN:R_U [1.9.7_1111]Technology Companies Use Marketing Automation to Surpass their Competition,
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Earn a $5.00 gift card every time you recommend a 5-Star service provider! Click here
For Mobile & Wireless professionals:
Servers's top-rated vendors:
Most recent job openings:
- Posted May 4 Senior Product Marketing Manager/Mobile Category Symantec Mountain View, CA, USA
- Posted May 4 Senior Product Manager (741739) Microsoft Corporation Redmond, WA, USA
- Posted April 27 Director of Field Marketing Confidential Belcamp, MD, USA
- Posted April 27 WW Field Marketing Operations Manager Microsoft Redmond, WA, USA
- Posted April 27 Marketing Operations Sr. Advisor Dell NH, Nashua, USA