Select your field of interest to join your peers in exploring IT marketing trends, ideas, insights, and resources worldwide. You must Register to participate in interactive features.
Mktg Communications • Sales Enablement • Telemarketing
Last week, I was thinking about how much time I spend making dials and speaking with prospects, talking with my team, and corresponding with clients via phone and email. I work closely with my director and manager on my team to ensure that I focus my time on the most important tasks. In a normal day, I communicate with my manager, director, other business development representatives, and other key players in our organization. I also speak with my client almost daily to make sure I have the most relevant contacts at the top of my list. In order to maximize time on the phones passing qualified leads, it is essential to have meaningful conversations with the other people that are important to speak with on a daily basis.
A few things to help keep communication clear:
- Before calls with the sales team you are supporting make sure to review key notes and have questions written down so everything is covered while you have your team in one place.
- If directors and managers have a busy day and you are unable to catch them when they have a free moment, send them an email with your concerns/questions and an meaningful subject line so they know to get back to you.
- Stay informed. Even though it is important to spend as much time speaking with prospects, you want to try and have quick meetings with your directors/managers every few days, even if it is pretty informal. This will ensure you are on the same page in terms of goals for the day, week, and month at all times.
- Be vocal: you want to keep an open conversation going with everyone involved in your daily inside sales life. If you need more contacts, let your database person, director, or client know, depending on how it is worked out with your team. If there is a whitepaper needed, explain the situation to your sales team and see what can be worked into a response to a curious prospect.
Keeping everyone informed is key to making sure the sales team you are supporting is happy and inside sales efforts are successful. What communication advice have do you give to your inside sales team?VN:R_U [1.9.7_1111]Tips For Inside Sales Teams,
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Earn a $5.00 gift card every time you recommend a 5-Star service provider! Click here
For Market Research professionals:
Channel Marketing's top-rated vendors:
Most recent job openings:
- Posted May 4 Senior Product Marketing Manager/Mobile Category Symantec Mountain View, CA, USA
- Posted May 4 Senior Product Manager (741739) Microsoft Corporation Redmond, WA, USA
- Posted April 27 Director of Field Marketing Confidential Belcamp, MD, USA
- Posted April 27 WW Field Marketing Operations Manager Microsoft Redmond, WA, USA
- Posted April 27 Marketing Operations Sr. Advisor Dell NH, Nashua, USA