Select your field of interest to join your peers in exploring IT marketing trends, ideas, insights, and resources worldwide. You must Register to participate in interactive features.
Demand Generation • Mktg Communications • Social Media Marketing
SlideShare views for the new report “2011 B2B Content Marketing Trends” are off the charts – looks like we have a topic that is really resonating with B2B marketers. This new report is the result of a survey I conducted with the 20,000 member B2B Technology Marketing Community on LinkedIn to better understand the current state of content marketing, and to identify key challenges as well as best practices.
Here is a quick snapshot of the survey findings:
- Content marketing is growing dramatically in popularity with over 71 percent of respondents doing more of it than a year ago (in contrast, only 2 percent are doing less).
- The biggest motivator for content marketing is its ability to drive awareness, leads, and engagement with prospects to compensate where where traditional tactics are falling short.
- The most popular content formats: case studies, presentations at live events, white papers, online articles and videos.
- The biggest challenge: producing truly engaging content.
- Companies spend an average of 20 percent of their budgets on content marketing.
- The most popular channels to deliver content: website, live events, email.
- The top performance metric for content marketers is leads.
Follow this link to read the complete 2011 B2B Content Marketing Trends report with lots of charts and data that will help you benchmark your own content marketing initiative (and don’t forget to share the report with your friends and colleagues): http://www.slideshare.net/hschulze/b2b-content-marketing-report
Everything Technology Marketing is a blog for IT marketers. Our goal is to educate on new trends, share marketing ideas and best practices, and make it easier for you to find the information you care about to do your jobs successfully.
Holger Schulze is an IT technology marketing executive delivering demand, brand awareness, and revenue growth for high-tech companies. A prolific blogger and online community builder, Holger also manages the B2B Technology Marketing Community on LinkedIn with over 20,000 members.VN:R_U [1.9.7_1111]2011 B2B Content Marketing Trends,
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Earn a $5.00 gift card every time you recommend a 5-Star service provider! Click here
For Mktg Communications professionals:
Field Marketing's top-rated vendors:
Most recent job openings:
- Posted May 4 Senior Product Marketing Manager/Mobile Category Symantec Mountain View, CA, USA
- Posted May 4 Senior Product Manager (741739) Microsoft Corporation Redmond, WA, USA
- Posted April 27 Director of Field Marketing Confidential Belcamp, MD, USA
- Posted April 27 WW Field Marketing Operations Manager Microsoft Redmond, WA, USA
- Posted April 27 Marketing Operations Sr. Advisor Dell NH, Nashua, USA