Select your field of interest to join your peers in exploring IT marketing trends, ideas, insights, and resources worldwide. You must Register to participate in interactive features.
Demand Generation • Social Media Marketing
CreateYourNextCustomer.com’s latest Social Media @Work research report takes a deep dive into the role social media plays in the business technology market, including:
- Business Technology professionals’ social media perception, preferences, usage and actions taken
- Technology Marketer’s social media plans, preferences, budgets and expectations
- Social media best practices – the 4 C’s of social media
Our research reveals that social media is gaining credibility: 42% say that social media is “productive” — an increase from 36% two years ago. And the percentage who describe it as “fun” has decreased by 6 points.
We found that social media is not only engrained into the workflow of business technology decision makers; social media drives and influences technology purchasing. 92% of our respondents have taken one or more actions as a result of using social media. Two-thirds tech professionals say that they have used social networking sites to obtain information for a technology purchase.
Business technology pros are not the only ones taking social media seriously. Tech marketers have doubled their social media presence over the last two year and are using social to create a community and engage in dialogue with prospects and customers.
With limited resources available, what are the most effective strategies to engage with business technology pros through social media? To download this research, please visit CreateYourNextCustomer.com.
Winnie Ng-Schuchman is the VP of Marketing for UBM Tech’s InformationWeek Business Technology Network. UBM Tech is the global leader in technology media and business information. UBM Tech Marketing Servicesdeliver integrated marketing campaigns and programs including media solutions, lead and demand generation, events, online communities, content development and custom solutions.VN:R_U [1.9.7_1111]Social Media @Work 2013,
1 Comment to “Social Media @Work 2013”
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Earn a $5.00 gift card every time you recommend a 5-Star service provider! Click here
For Networking professionals:
Storage's top-rated vendors:
Most recent job openings:
- Posted May 4 Senior Product Marketing Manager/Mobile Category Symantec Mountain View, CA, USA
- Posted May 4 Senior Product Manager (741739) Microsoft Corporation Redmond, WA, USA
- Posted April 27 Director of Field Marketing Confidential Belcamp, MD, USA
- Posted April 27 WW Field Marketing Operations Manager Microsoft Redmond, WA, USA
- Posted April 27 Marketing Operations Sr. Advisor Dell NH, Nashua, USA