Select your field of interest to join your peers in exploring IT marketing trends, ideas, insights, and resources worldwide. You must Register to participate in interactive features.
Demand Generation • Telemarketing
Oceanos was proud to introduce keynote speaker Michelle Vaughan, Senior Manager, Worldwide Integrated Marketing of Citrix Systems, at the SiriusDecisions Summit in May. Michelle’s presentation outlined the Oceanos Competitive Intelligence Data Strategy that Citrix implemented to secure market share from a direct competitor.
The first step in a displacement program is to identify the competitor’s customer base. Citrix turned to Oceanos to architect the competitive map resulting in the identification of approximately 8,000 named accounts. Below is a brief summary of the software install intelligence collection process.
- Data is gathered from hundreds of sources on the web including news releases, lease filings, trade publications and a wide moat of research providers.
- Data is reviewed, standardized, processed and assigned a confidence indicator based on the algorithm that weights each piece of intelligence.
- The process is systematically repeated to identify and validate new and existing intelligence.
After identifying the software intelligence, it is mapped to the company domain level. The domains are then loaded into List Optimizer™, beginning the process of building targeted, multi-channel contact data sets. After the competitive sites and targeted contacts are mapped, marketing and sales are provided a platform for rolling out a robust displacement program. To extend reach into the target audience, our research analysts will architect a data strategy that includes rental list sources.
Combining research with proprietary technology, the Oceanos solution enables a marketing department to produce downstream revenue with increased pipeline velocity. Industry leading organizations, such as IBM, SAP, Lenovo and Citrix, are utilizing our software install intelligence with great success.
To learn more on this topic, download the Oceanos – Citrix case study:
As the president & founder, Brian Hession has propelled Oceanos to become the industry’s largest, independent, B2B data research and management firm. Oceanos provides custom data solutions to optimize sales and marketing performance, guided by its vision of list intelligence™. The result is a robust, repeatable, demand creation engine.VN:R_U [1.9.7_1111]Drive Demand Creation Directly from Your Competitor’s Customer Base,
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Earn a $5.00 gift card every time you recommend a 5-Star service provider! Click here
For OEM professionals:
Services Marketing's top-rated vendors:
Most recent job openings:
- Posted May 4 Senior Product Marketing Manager/Mobile Category Symantec Mountain View, CA, USA
- Posted May 4 Senior Product Manager (741739) Microsoft Corporation Redmond, WA, USA
- Posted April 27 Director of Field Marketing Confidential Belcamp, MD, USA
- Posted April 27 WW Field Marketing Operations Manager Microsoft Redmond, WA, USA
- Posted April 27 Marketing Operations Sr. Advisor Dell NH, Nashua, USA