Select your field of interest to join your peers in exploring IT marketing trends, ideas, insights, and resources worldwide. You must Register to participate in interactive features.
CMO/Marketing Strategy • Market Research
In today’s information-rich environment, buyers are in control of the sales process – so understanding what makes them tick is essential. Buying-cycle changes brought about by the Internet and social engagement are forcing marketers and executives to retrench and place the buyer at the center of their world.
Savvy organizations win by initiating conversations with customers – would-be and current – then using that intelligence to craft campaigns and communications that speak to buyers in their terms, answer their questions, and meet their specific information needs. The time has truly come to stop selling and start listening.
At last month’s Technology Executives Roundtable (TER) meeting, Arketi Principal Mike Neumeier, APR moderated a discussion that centered on answering the question: Have we (as marketers) lost the customer amid all our efforts to market to them?
In this expert panel, participants explain how their organizations are putting an emphasis on listening to customers and marketing to their wants and needs while addressing their fears and concerns.
- Mary Ford, Vice President of Sales Operations – Cbeyond
- Don Turner, President & CEO – Applied Systems Intelligence, Inc.
- Neil van Helden, Director of Marketing – Ebix, Inc.
- Emmy Weber, Vice President of Marketing – Surgical Information Systems
- Mark Wilson, CEO – eVerifile
To view the engaging dialogue that unfolded, view the video below.
Sami Jajeh is the Owner and Principal of Arketi Group, an integrated marketing consultancy that helps business-to-business organizations generate revenue and accelerate growth through intelligent strategy, branding, marketing and public relations. To view all company blogs go to Arketi Group blog site.VN:R_U [1.9.7_1111]The Key to Understanding Your Buyers: Stop Selling, Start Listening ,
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Earn a $5.00 gift card every time you recommend a 5-Star service provider! Click here
For Advertising professionals:
Event Marketing's top-rated vendors:
Most recent job openings:
- Posted May 4 Senior Product Marketing Manager/Mobile Category Symantec Mountain View, CA, USA
- Posted May 4 Senior Product Manager (741739) Microsoft Corporation Redmond, WA, USA
- Posted April 27 Director of Field Marketing Confidential Belcamp, MD, USA
- Posted April 27 WW Field Marketing Operations Manager Microsoft Redmond, WA, USA
- Posted April 27 Marketing Operations Sr. Advisor Dell NH, Nashua, USA