Select your field of interest to join your peers in exploring IT marketing trends, ideas, insights, and resources worldwide. You must Register to participate in interactive features.
CMO/Marketing Strategy • Market Research • Storage
IT Brand Pulse today announced the results of the May 2012 Brand Leader Awards survey in seven categories: Cloud Storage (IaaS), Enterprise HDDs, Enterprise Servers, Mid-Range Tape Drives, FCoE Storage, Virtual Tape Libraries and Database (DBMS). In this survey, respondents were asked which vendors they perceive as the leader For each category, respondents chose the brand leader in Market, Price, Performance, Reliability, Service & Support, and Innovation.
“After transforming the Retail industry and reinventing the Publishing industry, Amazon is one of the world’s most valuable brands”, said Frank Berry, CEO of IT Brand Pulse. “The future of the IT industry is the cloud. Watch out IT vendors, the May, 2012 IT Brand Leader surveys show that Amazon is establishing incumbency as a Cloud IT Brand Leader.”
Ø In the Cloud Storage (IaaS) survey, Amazon Web Services swept all six categories. Respondents selected Google as the Cloud Storage runner up in all but one category, Service and Support, which instead went to IBM. Rackspace placed third in voting for Market, Price, and Service and Support.
Ø Just a few months after acquiring Hitachi GST, Western Digital/Hitachi GST captured the Market Leader award, and every remaining brand leader category for Enterprise HDDs; IT professionals chose Seagate, second.
Ø For Enterprise Server, HP received the most votes in Market and three other leader categories. IBM finished second in Market,Reliability, Service and Support and Innovation, and came out on top in Performance. Dell finished third in Market but received the most votes in the Price Leader category.
Ø In the Mid-Range Tape Drives survey, IT professionals chose Quantum as the Market, Price, Performance and Innovation Leader. HP was ranked second in Market above third place winner, IBM. While HP managed to receive the most votes in Service and Support, it tied with Quantum for the top position in Reliability.
Ø EMC was selected as the Market Leader for FCoE Storage, and came out ahead in four of the five remaining categories. Through its acquisitions of Compellent and EqualLogic, Dell has established itself as the runner up in Market and the top brand in Price.HP/3PAR finished third in voting for Market Leader.
Ø In the Virtual Tape Libraries brand leader survey, EMC/Data Domain ranked number one in Market and four other categories.NetApp landed second in Market, Performance and Innovation, and tied with IBM for the runner up position in Reliability. HP placed third in Market, while NetApp achieved first in Price.
Ø Oracle led the way as Market Leader for Database (DBMS) and captured four of the five remaining categories. Microsoft was voted second in Market and four other categories, but ranked first in Price. IBM came in at number three for Market Leader.
About the Brand Leader Surveys
IT Brand Pulse Brand Leader surveys are designed to measure the pulse of brand leadership in specific product categories. IT professionals respond to one survey covering various products. Within each product category, respondents choose the overall market leader, as well as the leader in price, performance, reliability, service and support, and innovation.
About IT Brand Pulse
IT Brand Pulse is a trusted source of data and analysis about IT infrastructure, including servers, storage and networking.
VN:R_U [1.9.7_1111]IT Brand Pulse Announces May 2012 Brand Leaders,
- IT Brand Pulse Labs - Test reports and product validation from hands-on testing.
- End User, Channel and OEM Research – Brand Leader, Technology, Product, and Customer Satisfaction surveys, as well as focus groups and custom research.
- Product Databases – Quarterly report for selected product categories with a database of commercially-available products and their attributes.
- Market Shares and Forecasts – Quarterly reports with unit shipments, revenue, vendor market share, and forecast.
- Industry Analysis – IT Brand Pulse analysts publish reports and contribute weekly to leading industry publications including InfoStor, Network Computing, Seeking Alpha, Virtual Strategy Magazine and Zacks.com.
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Earn a $5.00 gift card every time you recommend a 5-Star service provider! Click here
For Channel Marketing professionals:
CMO/Marketing Strategy's top-rated vendors:
Most recent job openings:
- Posted May 4 Senior Product Marketing Manager/Mobile Category Symantec Mountain View, CA, USA
- Posted May 4 Senior Product Manager (741739) Microsoft Corporation Redmond, WA, USA
- Posted April 27 Director of Field Marketing Confidential Belcamp, MD, USA
- Posted April 27 WW Field Marketing Operations Manager Microsoft Redmond, WA, USA
- Posted April 27 Marketing Operations Sr. Advisor Dell NH, Nashua, USA