Select your field of interest to join your peers in exploring IT marketing trends, ideas, insights, and resources worldwide. You must Register to participate in interactive features.
CMO/Marketing Strategy • Demand Generation • Product Marketing
We were bantering around in a 2012 planning meeting this week, discussing the next big things. We have the advantage of publishing thousands of interviews with tech buyers and vendors, hundreds of research reports and briefs, writing lots of articles, and holding nearly 200 events and conferences – big and small.
What we are learning is that our conference sessions, classes and workshops are very good barometers and sanity checks when it comes to hot topics, issues and pain points for IT decision makers. As an independent conference provider, these are all paid, so we are VERY motivated to make sure we hit the topics on the head. And, these topics, and sometimes speakers, are crowdsourced by the professional tech buyers who pay to attend – your customer.
So, one idea I have been testing is to review conference agendas from the best conferences and events to see what is on the agenda and how the topics and content is being presented. Here’s an example agenda pulled from our upcoming Black Hat conference for security professionals.
As a marketer, you can use insights from event agendas to:
- Sanity-check your messaging
- Enrich topics for your webinars, seminars and events
- Look for third party speakers and experts
- Find a few prospects, especially if a session includes a panel
Small tips but one that is yielding some decent results for us and others I have shared this with.
UBM TechWeb enables people and organizations to harness the transformative power of technology. Through its two core businesses – marketing services, and business information – UBM TechWeb powers both technology decision-making and technology marketing.
UBM TechWeb Marketing Services deliver integrated marketing campaigns and programs including media solutions, lead and demand generation, events, online communities, content development and custom solutions.VN:R_U [1.9.7_1111]How to Know What Buyers Are Focused on Today,
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Earn a $5.00 gift card every time you recommend a 5-Star service provider! Click here
For Training professionals:
Virtualization's top-rated vendors:
Most recent job openings:
- Posted May 4 Senior Product Marketing Manager/Mobile Category Symantec Mountain View, CA, USA
- Posted May 4 Senior Product Manager (741739) Microsoft Corporation Redmond, WA, USA
- Posted April 27 Director of Field Marketing Confidential Belcamp, MD, USA
- Posted April 27 WW Field Marketing Operations Manager Microsoft Redmond, WA, USA
- Posted April 27 Marketing Operations Sr. Advisor Dell NH, Nashua, USA