Select your field of interest to join your peers in exploring IT marketing trends, ideas, insights, and resources worldwide. You must Register to participate in interactive features.
Home Page • Networking • Servers • Virtualization
IT Brand Pulse delivered the results of the January 2012 Brand Leader Awards surveys in which users identify perceived leaders in five IT categories: LAN on Motherboard (LOM), Ethernet NICs, Ethernet Switches, Network Virtualization, and Operating Systems. For each category, respondents chose the brand leader in Market, Price, Performance, Reliability, Service and Support, and Innovation.Highlights of the survey:
“Two-thirds of server administrators know what brand of LOM is in their servers because it affects the way their network functions,” said Vinod Lakhani, Broadcom’s General Manager, High Speed Controller Business Unit. “Broadcom is committed to developing industry-leading LOMs that meet and exceed new demands that are being placed on servers in data centers and Enterprise networks. Broadcom’s latest 10 GbE solutions are engineered to deliver the highest levels of performance and maximize the benefits of convergence.”
- In a new era where LAN and SAN connectivity for servers is converging into a single ASIC, Broadcom took the Market Leader award in LAN-on-Motherboard (LOM) for the second straight year, and swept five of six categories of brand leadership. Intel was second in every category except Service and Support, where Intel placed first and Broadcom second. Emulex and QLogic each ranked third in three categories of LOM brand leadership.
“We hear from our IT customers that there is a strong preference for Intel Ethernet adapters because of their quality, reliability and virtualization performance,” said Steve Schultz, Director of Marketing, from Intel’s LAN Access Division. ”Intel is pleased to see that the results of the IT Brand Pulse survey are consistent with the feedback from our customers.”
- Intel captured the Market Leader award for Ethernet NICs. The company was also selected as the Performance Leader, Reliability Leader, Service Support Leader, and Innovation Leader. Broadcom, voted last year as the Market Leader, was chosen as the Ethernet NIC Price Leader. Emulex placed third in all six categories of Ethernet NIC Brand Leadership.
- Three-peating, Cisco dominated the voting for Ethernet Switch brand leadership. Cisco swept all six brand leader awards, including the Market Leader award. HP placed a distant second in four categories while Juniper and Brocade each took second in a single category.
- In our new age of pervasive server virtualization, Cisco won a close race with 2011 Market Leader VMware, to take the 2012 Market Leader award for Network Virtualization. Cisco was also chosen as the Performance, Reliability, and Service and Support leader; while VMware was selected as the Price and Innovation Leader for Network Virtualization. HP placed third in five of six categories and Brocade, third in the Innovation category.
“Cisco is honored that once again information technologists have voted their confidence in Cisco, validating our efforts to accelerate the cloud-readiness of our customers’ mission critical applications,” said Shashi Kiran, Director Data Center and switching Solutions, Cisco. “The IT Brand Pulse survey reinforce the success of our efforts to deliver virtualization solutions that seamlessly extend the physical network and server infrastructure to the virtual domain and incorporate virtual application networking services, security and orchestration into a unified framework.”
VN:R_U [1.9.7_1111]IT Brand Pulse Announces January 2012 IT Brand Leaders,
- For the third consecutive year, Microsoft crushed the competition in voting for Operating System Market Leader. Microsoft swept all six categories while Red Hat, IBM (AIX) and VMware shared the second place honors.
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Earn a $5.00 gift card every time you recommend a 5-Star service provider! Click here
For Networking professionals:
Interational Marketing's top-rated vendors:
Most recent job openings:
- Posted May 4 Senior Product Marketing Manager/Mobile Category Symantec Mountain View, CA, USA
- Posted May 4 Senior Product Manager (741739) Microsoft Corporation Redmond, WA, USA
- Posted April 27 Director of Field Marketing Confidential Belcamp, MD, USA
- Posted April 27 WW Field Marketing Operations Manager Microsoft Redmond, WA, USA
- Posted April 27 Marketing Operations Sr. Advisor Dell NH, Nashua, USA