Select your field of interest to join your peers in exploring IT marketing trends, ideas, insights, and resources worldwide. You must Register to participate in interactive features.
The 2013 Technology Marketing Priorities Survey provides technology marketers with specific, actionable job and career insights based on benchmark data provided by peers. These are specific recommendations based on this year’s survey:
VN:R_U [1.9.7_1111]How to Be Successful in Technology Marketing: Survey Takeaways,
- The average technology marketer wears nearly seven hats. Diversify your skills and be open to new responsibilities while staying close to new technologies that can give you more insight for real time decision-making and greater efficiency.
- Master both strategy and tactics. As companies continually look for greater productivity at all levels of the organization, you must be capable of contributing ideas and be ready to execute them. Learn to balance traditional marketing strategies while adopting new disruptive ones.
- Your company brand is essential. Consider how you position and promote your brand in every campaign or program you execute. Every engagement with a prospect or customer, regardless of platform, is a touch with your brand.
- Create content. Branded content resonates with customers, so if you don’t have the expertise or staffing, outsource content creation to third-party experts.
- Consider outsourcing. If you lack expertise or resources for content creation/auditing/optimization, demand generation, brand development, market research, community-building, marketing automation or other vital marketing disciplines that drive results, do not wait to engage a third-party.
- Improve your lead management processes. Even the most sophisticated lead programs have room for improvement, so you should frequently audit your lead processes for better results in areas like content alignment, segmentation, lead nurturing and reporting. This is an ideal function to outsource.
- Continually show increased value and/or productivity.
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Earn a $5.00 gift card every time you recommend a 5-Star service provider! Click here
For Networking professionals:
Cloud Computing's top-rated vendors:
Most recent job openings:
- Posted May 4 Senior Product Marketing Manager/Mobile Category Symantec Mountain View, CA, USA
- Posted May 4 Senior Product Manager (741739) Microsoft Corporation Redmond, WA, USA
- Posted April 27 Director of Field Marketing Confidential Belcamp, MD, USA
- Posted April 27 WW Field Marketing Operations Manager Microsoft Redmond, WA, USA
- Posted April 27 Marketing Operations Sr. Advisor Dell NH, Nashua, USA