Select your field of interest to join your peers in exploring IT marketing trends, ideas, insights, and resources worldwide. You must Register to participate in interactive features.
IT executives are preparing for the next big thing in IT. Of the most realistic trends for 2014, we’re seeing technologies with overlapping software and systems support. We also see a sharp rise in the role of the internet in business as it relates to mobile and cloud-based device implementation.
- On the MobileApps: Considering the “bring your own device” (BYOD) trends and the pervasive way in which devices are becoming connected to the Internet, it’s predicted that we will be seeing 25 billion things connected to the Internet.We can also expect to see the average employee use between 3 and 5 mobile devices by 2016. As with all fast-growing technology trends, a discussion of standardization and cross-platform solutions will inevitably need to be addressed. The growth of mobile device development, how they’re used, and with whom or what they will communicate will no doubt drive future discussions.Hierarchical changes with the implementation of cloud-based applications will also add another dimension to the discussion – and not just in terms of performance.
- Device ManagementBy 2016, it’s predicted that the average worker will use between 3 to 5 mobile devices. It will change the way people connect to their business or place of employment. Devices of all types, in all locations, and working on potentially any platform must be considered in the future development of internet applications. Mobile device management (MDM) will incorporate cloud-based systems to facilitate communications from any device with equal access and security.Businesses will begin adopting “Bring Your Own Device” (BYOD) and MDM programs. The mobile workforce will triple in size over the next three years.
- The Hybrid CloudDeployment compositions go beyond hierarchical implementations of the cloud, and will consist as an amalgam of system architectures and applications. Such compositions will allow for customization, and will afford the user to respond to their needs in their own way. Some permutation of hybrid cloud compositions will likely save almost $60.00 per employee each year with regard to comprehensive security solutions, for example.
- Cloud-client ArchitectureCloud-based services have evolved to create a successful and growing industry. Hybrid cloud systems are becoming more commonplace and will help facilitate further growth.
- Web-scale ITSmaller cloud service providers are proving that the model demonstrated by larger companies is scaleable. Irrespective of scale, there will be expectations that they provide systems that allow devices to continue running despite a crash occurring within the cloud controlled portion of their application.
- The Internet of EverythingThere are high expectations, that users with multiple devices will be utilizing cross-platform services to communicate. The range of technologies is broad and is not limited to handheld devices. They will include wearable devices performing cloud-based CRM, for example.
- Smart MachinesSome of the devices which utilizes cross-platform and mobile technologies will involve personal assistants such as SIRI. Others may not involve direct human interaction. Autonomous smart machines like vehicles and robotic equipment will also become enhanced through these trending technologies.
- Software Defined, Everything (SDX)SDx is a collective term that defines the broad implementation of systems, devices and software for communicating through the internet. Simply put, it’s a term that circumscribes software implementation for connecting everything to everything through the internet.
Observations made about today’s technologies has prompted these eight trends. They are the least speculative and are expected to have real-life consequences with regard to how we work and do business. Take a look at the infographic below to get a more visual breakdown of thee trends:VN:R_U [1.9.7_1111]8 Emerging Tech Trends You Can't Ignore,
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Earn a $5.00 gift card every time you recommend a 5-Star service provider! Click here
For International Marketing professionals:
Advertising's top-rated vendors:
Most recent job openings:
- Posted May 4 Senior Product Marketing Manager/Mobile Category Symantec Mountain View, CA, USA
- Posted May 4 Senior Product Manager (741739) Microsoft Corporation Redmond, WA, USA
- Posted April 27 Director of Field Marketing Confidential Belcamp, MD, USA
- Posted April 27 WW Field Marketing Operations Manager Microsoft Redmond, WA, USA
- Posted April 27 Marketing Operations Sr. Advisor Dell NH, Nashua, USA